Published Date: 23/02/2021
This project has delivered an upgraded and enhanced version of SAGIS that will enable its continued use for investment planning, river basin management and novel research applications into the foreseeable future. The legacy VBA code has been migrated to the Python and C# programming languages and the host GIS platform upgraded from ArcMap 10.2 to ArcGIS Pro 2.3. The potential risks arising from the deprecation of VBA from the ArcMap platform have been removed. The code has also been transitioned into a formal professional software development environment following a standardised development approach, with key functional elements developed as modular components. Geoprocessing logging available in ArcGIS Pro provides modellers with direct information on the status of data processing tasks and support with process failure diagnosis. The new version represents a substantial and unprecedented technological leap and opens up the possibility of new and previously unconsidered development applications.
This report is sold together with previous SAGIS reports;
- 20/WW/02/12 Modelling a Dynamic and Uncertain Future – Preparing SAGIS for Changes in Climate, PR24, RBMP Cycle 3 and Brexit.
- 20/WW/02/11, UKWIR’s Source Apportionment GIS Model (SAGIS): Research, Planning and Management. ISBN 978 1 84057 887 4
- 19/WW/02/10, UKWIR’s Source Apportionment GIS Model (SAGIS): Version 3.0. ISBN 978 1 84057 866 9
- 10/WW/02/2, Chemical Source Apportionment under the Water Framework Directive – Model Scoping Document. ISBN 1 84057 575 1
- 12/WW/02/3, Chemical Source Apportionment under the Water Framework Directive. ISBN 1 84057 637 5
- 14/WW/02/8, Extending and Updating UKWIR's Pollution Source Apportionment Tool. ISBN 1 84057 732 0
- 18/WW/02/9, Extending and Updating UKWIR's Pollution Source Apportionment Tool (2). ISBN 1 84057 855 6
- 13-WW-02-4, WFD Requirements for Lakes, Transitional and Coastal Waters: Source Apportionment for Nutrients and Priority Chemicals. ISBN 1 84057 743 6
If you have already purchased the previous SAGIS reports, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to buy this upgrade at a reduced price of £100.