UKWIR are calling for Expressions of Interest from potential contractors to work with our team to deliver the newly released Project, detailed below. Please work down the page, to review our requirements.
If you believe the project aligns with your organisations capabilities and you are interested in providing a tender for the work, you must first register an Expression Of Interest in working with us, by clicking the button at the bottom of this page.
We have a closing date for Expressions of Interest of 31/07/2020
After reviewing Expressions of Interest, UKWIR will select a number of potential contractors to be invited to tender for the project.
The processing and use of water also leads to the consumption, production or carrying of resources (energy, nutrients and other components) through for example catchment management, drinking water provision and waste water disposal and treatment processes. We do not have a clear picture of where there is greatest benefit from resource recovery in the water cycle.
The overall aim of this project is to identify where there is greatest benefit from resource recovery in the water cycle in the short term and where there is greatest potential based on market needs.
The specific objectives are to:
1. Re-visit the literature review of global best practice and on-going relevant work completed for the Scottish project to:
- Identify any further opportunities for resource recovery from the water cycle looking beyond Scotland to the wider UK and Ireland. This may include for example energy or cost savings through more efficient use of water, using energy produced currently as a waste product as a resource, or the recovery of nutrients and other components
- Review the concept of ‘benefit’ developed in the Scottish project.
2. Assess each identified opportunity for all relevant parameters in order to determine the cost/benefit/feasibility of implementation across the UK and Ireland.
- Present the options both in the form of a report and as a graphical interpretation. The latter will allow easy comparison and ranking of the option identified and present the resources split according to the resource origin e.g. water supply, rural sewerage provision, municipal sewerage provision, etc.
MAKE SURE YOU ARE LOGGED TO THE WEBSITE BEFORE CREATING YOUR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST.
You must then provide us with the correct contact details, so we can contact you if necessary. ONLY when you have adequately completed UPDATED your details will the Expression of Interest button work;