UKWIR are calling for Expressions of Interest from potential contractors to work with our team to deliver the newly released Project, detailed below. Please work down the page, to review our requirements.
If you believe the project aligns with your organisations capabilities and you are interested in providing a tender for the work, you must first register an Expression Of Interest in working with us, by clicking the button at the bottom of this page.
We have a closing date for Expressions of Interest of 05/06/2020
After reviewing Expressions of Interest, UKWIR will select a number of potential contractors to be invited to tender for the project.
Assessing the effectiveness of the regulatory framework
Specific Questions To Answer
The UKWIR ‘Big Question’ number nine is: “How do we ensure that the regulatory framework incentivises efficient delivery of the right outcomes for customers and the environment?”. This Big Question is an opportunity to carry out a comprehensive assessment of the current regulatory framework, identify overlapping issues and differences across England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland, and promote any necessary reform of regulatory approaches.
To help to answer this question, we need to identify some deep-dive research projects for UKWIR to take forward, targeted at the issues within the regulatory framework that are the highest priorities of members.
Project Aims to Achieve
1. Prepare brief pre-reading material to facilitate effective discussion.
2. Organise and host discussion groups &/or undertake interviews with UKWIR members.
3. Summarise key insights and views from the discussions. This should include summarising the options for change considered and their merits, but it is not intended to reach conclusions at this stage.
4. Develop an approach to regulatory framework assessment which can be applied in future regulatory projects.
5. Use the outputs from discussions to define scopes for three deep dive projects.
6. Deliver a project feedback meeting / discussion forum for UKWIR members and wider stakeholders, to confirm scope of proposed projects and incorporate any further refinements.
The project should be completed by December 2020 to inform deep dive projects for 2021.