These are deliverables, to our members, of completed or on-going projects:
- The purpose of this database is to provide information that assists water suppliers and other users to respond in a rapid and effective manner to water pollution incidents.
- This database provides information on health significance of microorganisms that may be of concern to drinking water suppliers.
National Sewers & Water Mains Failure Database
- This database enables UKWIR subscribers to compare and analyse sewer failures and water mains failures with anonymised data from other participating companies.
Water Savings Database
- This database is made up of a collection of pilot and field projects that have been developed and studied over recent times regarding the degree of efficiency of the use of water resources. It enables water professionals to gauge effectiveness and plan accordingly.
- This database allows UK Water Companies to record and easily share information on events that might threaten drinking water quality.
If you would like to know more about these databases or find out who in your company has access to them, please contact the UKWIR office.
UKWIR Briefings for UKWIR Subscribers
- Topic area briefing notes are prepared and circulated to senior managers in member companies with the aim of illustrating UKWIRs contribution to current subjects.
Drinking Water Current Awareness Briefing - Toxicological:
- These quarterly reports are prepared by the Contractor for the project "Toxicity Advisory Service and Database" and are emailed by UKWIR to water company drinking water contacts.
Drinking Water Current Awareness Briefing - Microbiological:
- These quarterly reports are prepared by the contractor for the project "Independent Advisory Service on Health Significance of Microorganisms Occurring in Drinking Water" and are emailed by UKWIR to water company drinking water contacts.
Wastewater Briefings & Alerts:
- Bi-monthly briefing notes covering policy & regulation; research; news items; events & conferences are prepared by the contractor for the "Watewater Briefings and Alerts" project and are circulated by email to a relevant contact list.
- Limited key development information is collated and provided in weekly 'Information Alert' emails to the same contact list.
If you would like to know more about these services or find out who in your company receives them, please contact the UKWIR office.